Registration for 2020 Autumn Semester
September 1st, 2020
Prerequisites of the applicants
1.Non-Chinese citizen in good health.
2.Applicants pursuing Bachelor’s degree should hold High School degree diploma or the equivalent and should be under the age of 25. In addition, the applicant can only apply for SGS Type B scholarship.
3.The applicants should have excellent academic records.
4.The applicants should be in default of any other Chinese government scholarship.
1、SGS Scholarship admission procedure
Website of SGS-A and SGS-B application: http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn
2、Chinese Government Scholarship：
Applicants shall apply to the dispatching authorities, such as the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in the applicant’s country. Eligible applicants shall log on the online application system, fill out and print the application form. Application materials should be mailed in duplicate (two copies) to the dispatching authority.
The applicants shall submit the application online within our designated period, please print the Application Form and the supplementary Materials, send it to ISO, USST.
The website for the online application system is 1.http://laihua.csc.edu.cn2.http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/3.http://www.campuschina.org/. Please consult the dispatching authority, such as the Chinese Embassy in the applicant’s country. The agency number of University of Shanghai for Science and Technology (hereafter referred to as USST) is 10252.
List of application materials for easy reference:
1、Application Form download from http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn，filled in Chinese or English
2、Notarized copies and Chinese or English translations of your highest education certificate, including graduation and degree certificates. Verification letter should be provided if the applicants are students or employed.
3、Official transcripts of study records in Chinese or English. Chinese or English translations of the transcripts should be notarized.
4、Study Plan in China in Chinese or English (for Master or Doctor degree program applicants only)；
5、Letter of Recommendation in Chinese or English from two professors or associate professors from the institution where the applicants have completed or will complete study program ( for Master or Doctor degree program applicants only)；
6、Copy of Chinese language proficiency test result of new HSK 4 or above (for students who will take programs taught in Chinese);
7、Copy of valid passport;
8、supplementary Material if necessary;
NB. All materials as mentioned above will not be returned.
Bank information/Entry fees
Name： University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
BANK： Changbai Branch, Yangpu District, Shanghai, Agricultural Bank of China
BANK ADD： No.1 Changbai Road, Yangpu District, Shanghai
SWIFT CODE：ABOC CNBJ 090
Entry/Registration Fee：RMB 800 /$130
NB. Make sure to send the Receipt of 800 RMB issued by ABC bank to RM.101，ISO.
International Students Office / International Affairs Office
No.516, Jun gong Rd., Shanghai, PR China
Zip code: 200093
Download（please see file attached 1、2、3、4）
1. Majors for undergraduate Program
2. International Education Brochure
3. Scholarship Application Guide
4. Location of ISO, USST
Additional Conditions for Admissions
1. Students will undertake expenses of their accompanying family members. If any student will not live on the campus, he or she shall bear the accommodation expense himself/herself.
2. The FOREIGNER PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM is to be verified by the Shanghai Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau International Travel Health Center. The students shall undertake any expenses related to the medical examination and verification. Students who fail in the medical examination are required to leave China within limited days.
3. Students who submit inconsistent application materials are required to leave China within limited days. Original Copies are needed on 1st September 2019.
4. Please avoid early entry for residence permit shall be applied within 30 days after entry and the university will not assist until after the registration date.
5. In accordance with the relevant provision of the Ministry of Education, an annual review of scholarship status will be carried out, the result of which is used to judge if the student is qualified for the scholarship thereafter.
Copyright@2018 University of Shanghai for Science and Technology. All rights reserved. 沪ICP备08108292号-5 沪公网安备：31009102000040